Attendance / Absence
The aims of West Park Academy's Attendance policy are:
- to improve the overall percentage attendance of pupils at school
- make attendance and punctuality a priority for all
- provide support, advice and guidance for families and pupils
- develop positive and consistent home / school communication
- implement a system of rewards and sanctions to ensure good attendance and punctuality for all
We want to ensure all pupils receive a full education and benefit entirely from the wide range of educational experiences on offer in our Academy.
We look at the development of the whole child – intellectually, morally, spiritually, culturally and physically. In line with our policy of maximising the potential of each pupil, the Academy recognises that it has a responsibility to do everything possible to care for each pupil’s physical and emotional wellbeing. With this in mind, the Academy will endeavour to provide a comfortable and safe environment for learning. Our Collecting Children Policy below gives further details regarding children leaving school.
HOLIDAYS taken during term time are unauthorised and may lead to a holiday fine.
DIARRHOEA AND VOMITING ILLNESS
To minimise the spread of infection, we ask that parents keep children at home for 48 hours from the last episode of diarrhoea or vomiting.